Sunday, September 6, 2009

Other things we have been up to

So what else have we been up to lately...
*We surprised Bob's dad for his 60th Birthday by flying up to Minneapolis for the weekend. We were able to spend the day with the Azars which was so much fun to see everyone, especially Addy and Liam. Were were able to attend my friend Ali's engagment party and head to our last Twins game at the Metrodome with Mesa and Tony. It was a packed weekend but lots of fun.
*My brothers and sister had their birthday week in August Happy Belated to Nate, Becky & Pat.
*Bob and I celebrated our Engageaversiary. We have been engaged for a year now!
*Bob finished his first round of rotations. He enjoyed internal medicine where he had lots of interesting interactions with patients, attendees, residents and other med students. He had his first shelf for medicine and started his surgery rotation. One week of surgery down and so far it is going well. He gets all excited to tell me about what happened in the hospital that day and I enjoy listening until I stop understanding what he is talking about. I'm sure there will be lots more stories to come but I am ready for them.
*We have spent some great time with friends heading to the Farmer's Market, Dundee Day, and lots of other good times. We are lucky that we have found some good friends here in Omaha.
*This Labor Day weekend we enjoyed heading to the Zoo to go on the new SkyFari attraction. The lines were crazy but it was fun as always. We also had a lovely picnic today at Heartland of America park. We are trying to enjoy the beautiful weather while we still can.
*We have had some ups and downs with our teams. The Twins seem to get our hopes up and then crush them hard. thanks for the rollercoaster of a season Twins. We have also had to accept the fact that a stupid old man has toyed with the Vikings and will be the quarterback this year. Oh it makes me cringe to see purple #4 jerseys.

I will try to be better at blogging now, as wedding plans are getting closer and more intense I may need a Bridezilla outlet.

No comments: