Sunday, September 6, 2009

I got a job!

Okay so I realized that the last time I blogged I was still in good old unhappy times and wishing for a new place of employment. Well of our prayers payed off. I attended a job fair the first week of August where I spoke with One Source. Later that day I recieved a phone call from them to set up an interview the following Monday. The interview I thought went well, but I have had many interviews and then nothing. By the time I arrived home from the interview I had a job offer on my answering machine!! I waited for Bob to come home to discuss the situation, but it really was a no brainer and I accepted the position as Account Manager at One Source The Background Check Company.

That Tuesday morning I turned in my two weeks notice and was so happy! The Nebraska Community Blood Bank was not as happy as I was as I left them in a really tough spot but I needed to do what was best for me. The next week and half (I actually did not work the full two weeks) was very odd in Lincoln. Half the people were nice to me and happy I was moving on, the other half acted super rude and ignored me. Man I am not sad to be gone from there.

My co-workers did suprise me with a wedding shower gift off of my registry so I guess that was nice.

Anyway I love my new job, I love that it is only 5 miles away from home, I love that I have two hours back of my life, I love that I can wear jeans, and I love my new responsiblities. Things are good!

No comments: