Friday, July 25, 2008

So far this week.

It has been an exciting week with lots of things going on, and there is still more to come.

On Monday evening Chris & Angela, Ryan & Jamie, and Bob & I went to Council Bluffs to the Imax theater to see A Dark Night. The new Batman movie. I had not seen Batman Begins so Bob and I watched that last week so I would be all caught up. The movie was great. It was probably the most intense movie I have ever seen. There were no slow parts and lots of action, with a great story line. I kept making fun of Bob b/c he has seen all the Batman movies so he knew what was going to happen but he loved it too. Heath Ledger did do an amazing job, and his character was very scary. He was so scary that I couldn't sleep on Monday night b/c I was freaking out-that hasn't happened for a long time.

Of course on Tuesday the birth of my sister's baby came. I am going to see Macy and the family today so I am very excited and will return with some pictures I am sure.

Wednesday evening my brother's band was playing at the Waiting Room in Omaha with the Apples in Stereo. Bob and I went to the show and it was fun to see the guys play. The Poison Control Center is always fun but you have to be a little careful so you do not get caught singing in a mic or getting thrown in a pig pile. Bob stayed back as far as possible so I enjoyed their part by myself. We stayed to see a few songs by the Apples. It is great to see my brother getting to play with guys he pretty much idolized when he was in high school. I'm so proud of him. The band stayed at our place but I was asleep when they got there and they were sleeping when I left.

Last night Bob and I grilled some corn and he had steak and I had chicken. It was one of our relaxing nights. We ended up watching the movie The Bucket List. My mom had borrowed it to us and we hadn't had a chance to see it. After the movie on Monday I am afraid this movie was a little slow, but it was good. A good story line and very sad. Of course I cried and Bob made fun of me. He liked the movie as well. Probably more of an older crowd film but it worked.

Other than the big fun stuff. I have also been back to looking for new jobs so hopefully something will come up soon again. I took a little break as it has been nice to just hang with Bob his last summer break. I have to say I am jealous of him that he has been just hanging out since he got home from India. I know I get mad sometimes but I am glad that he has this time as I know it will be many many years before he will have a chance to relax.

I also wanted to wish my best to Chris and Angela who are moving from Council Bluffs to Omaha this weekend. I know how much moving sucks, I'm sorry I am not sticking around to help. I'm also sorry to Jami and Ryan as they are moving next weekend and Bob and I will not be around to help b/c we will be gone at a wedding. Good luck guys. STAY COOL.

2 comments:

HE who is a Tape... as in Patrick Tape Fleming said...

thanks soooooooo much for letting us stay.. you rule the big ole school
love ya
patricoxoo

Jamie & Ryan said...

Rather convenient that you're MIA for both moving days........ just kidding! :) I hope you had fun with your new niece in KC this past weekend and have fun at the wedding next weekend!