Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Macy, Merrick, & Cole






I went to Kansas City on Friday afternoon to meet my new niece Macy Ella Jane. She is such a sweetheart and is so small. Her foot is not even as long as my index finger. She is absolutely perfect and my sister is lucky to have such a wonderful little baby.


Bravo to my sister and brother-in-law as they make some dang cute kids. Most of my day on Saturday was spent playing with Merrick. Wow that girl has energy. From what I am told she is just like me when I was her age. Merrick knows that we are good friends because we have things just her and I can do, like play "Club." We also played many games and after a while I convinced her to play house, my favorite thing to do when I was little. Heck it is still my favorite thing to do. We even took turns holding her sister. Merrick is a great big sister and is very calm and cautious with the baby.


On Sunday I headed to Cole's World Series. His dad is the coach and they were playing in a pretty intense set of games. I got to see Cole make some good plays at third and get some good hits. The lost their first game in extra innings but they all played really well. They had to switch fields and then play again right away. It was so hot out, I can't believe those kids played in that, Cole caught in both games as well and I salute him for putting on the catcher gear. As most of you know I have a little problem with the heat so I would have never made it. The 2nd team they played was not quite at the same level as the Missouri Bandits (Tom & Cole's team). In the 2nd inning Cole and his teammates scored 14 runs. The game only lasted 3 innings with a final score of 23-3. I am glad I got to see him play. I hope they did well with the rest of the World Series.


It was nice to see the family and I can't wait to see the baby again soon. Hang in there Becky- she will stay a baby for a while, just don't forget to enjoy it.


1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Ahhh! So sweet! Makes me kinda want one... :)