Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rant and Rave

So I pretty much have nothing to do at work so I might as well make a blog post. Here is a little session dedicated to short tidbits about anything and everything on my mind.

  • Nebraska's Safe Haven Law. How great is this state? I mean they are so open to letting anyone and everyone just drop their unwanted children off and they just offer to pay for them. I'm glad that now being a resident of the State of Nebraska I am now the parent of 24 Safe Haven Children, most just 10 years younger than myself. They have decided to hold a special session on November 14th to change the law. This probably means an entire bus load of children will be dropped off on November 13th. Great!
  • Obama. ok I just have to say it. He is gorgeous and eloquent and I am excited for him to be President of the United States. Did anyone see his propaganda 1/2 hour special last night?
  • Baseball season has come to a close. It was sad that an NL team won, but it was funny watching them pig pile on top of each other-ouch.
  • Daylight Savings Time Ends this weekend. I always hate it when it gets so dark at night. Especially now that I will be driving home from work in the dark. There have been lots of deer when I have come in in the mornings so I am getting a little nervous now with the months to come. Just have to say it, hopefully I can find a job in Omaha before winter hits hard.
  • Fall I love the changing of leaves and the semi cool weather. I'm so glad that I am able to look out across the hallway and see beautiful colors of trees changing. I hope each of you have been able to take a minute to enjoy the changes and remember we are lucky to experience things like this.
  • Breast Cancer Month is coming to an end. My immediate family has been so lucky that we have not had this effect us, but we all know someone who has been struck with this horrible disease. Remember to give yourself an exam every month. I have learned that healthy breast tissue is lumpy, but if it is hard and does not move you need to get it checked out.
  • Heart, Bob is currently studying Cardiovascular in school right now and boy I have loved the puns that it includes. I continue to tell him that if he puts his heart into it he will do just fine. Oh man I crack myself up!
  • Bass Guitar, my brother recently blogged about some great bass guitar players, it really made me think that I should pull out my bass and start playing again. I miss it.

Okay so I think I have filled you all up with a little something to think about. Maybe tomorrow will be another blog post of random junk.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

This was fun to read. Thanks fo sharing! Hope you have fun with the little kiddies this weekend!