Monday, October 6, 2008

Stuck in a Rut

Although I enjoy my weekends I feel like everyone is beginning to be the same. And this weekend was no exception, but I think it may have been worse as I did not have a single game to watch. With the Twins being done for the year and the Vikings playing Monday night football I was all out of sorts yesterday. Bob had been pulling one of those crazy weekends at school studying for his final today. I just got in one of those moods and I absolutely dreaded coming back to Lincoln, NE to work.

However I shouldn't be all negative. Bob and I had a successful evening on Friday night finding him a great deal on a new winter coat, next we had one of "our" dates to Target. I used to make fun of these dates, now I love them even more. I don't know why I just do. Saturday morning while Bob had his nose in the books, I went to water aerobics, the farmers market and lunch with Jamie and Angela. I cleaned the house in the afternoon and made dinner for Bob on Saturday evening, I also was in the mood for a cake so I made a box cake for my sweet day. I was packing up some cake for Bob to take back to school when wham, there went the cake frosting side down on to the floor. What a mess and half of my cake was gone :(. That evening Jamie and Angela came over to watch Sex & the City the Movie. I have to say I just love that movie I really want Bob to watch it some time but he absolutely hates the show. Funny- how I watch his shows...
We may have worked out a deal for this weekend, but I am not going to get my hopes up.

I am working my 10 hour days again to have Friday off. Last week was such a killer week of work, granite it was a great week for blood collection but a tough mental and physical week for Ashley. I'm really not looking forward to work at all lately. I really would like to find a new job. One that is more challenging for me. I'm not growing at this current job and driving 2 hours every day is something I would like to put a cease to. I'm hoping that something will come up soon-real soon and maybe that would get me out of this rut.

I guess I can look forward to going over to friends tonight to celebrate the end of the Hematology/Oncology unit and to watch a little bit of the Vikings game. Come on Vikes!

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm, sorry Ash. This whole med school thing is getting really old, isn't it? I think that you should go back to school. You're right, school really does suck sometimes, but at least it would get you a job that you would enjoy and that would be so worth it, don't you think? I decided to go back to school b/c I feel like I am in the same rut that you are- my current job is taking me nowhere. Good luck finding a new job and figuring out if going back to school is the right choice for you!