Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Carl is gone


I have to say farewell to the MN Twins owner Carl Pohlad. He was an insanely rich man who owned the best baseball team. He may have not been the best owner and he didn't put the money down for the Twins new stadium but he was a nice man. When I was pretty little I went to Twins Fest, back when it was just for season ticket holders. I remember walking around with my dad while my brother was going crazy for everything. While Pat was standing in line to get autographs my dad and I happened to run into Mr. Pohlad. We talked to him for a little bit and then I got his autograph. Pat was jealous I know!

It was a sad day for Twins history as Carl died yesterday. He was looking old and at the age of 93 decided to watch some games from the sky. Hey maybe that is why he didn't want a roof on the new stadium?

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss :(