Monday, January 12, 2009

Longing for another weekend.

Another weekend has come and gone which means I am back work, tear. I was pretty bummed on Friday as I had no real plans for the weekend which made me also excited to see what I could accomplish. I actually was able to get lots done around the house, cleaning, organizing, just the ordinary. Bob and I watched the Da Vinci Code, which we were disappointed with on Friday night. Saturday I didn't leave the house until we went out for dinner and a special trip to Dairy Queen for an insanely good blizzard. But yesterday was just a wretched day. Everything that happened completely bugged me and by the end of the night I was exhausted, crabby, and annoyed. It started off fine working out, then off to church, but it was packed. For some reason everyone decided to go to church that day and the ushers continued to seat people 30 minutes into mass. I then had to run to the mall to get a gift card for someone. When I arrived the store was not to open until noon. At 12:05 people were crowding the doors and they did not open until 12:15. Then I headed to a different grocery store where it was packed, I couldn't find what I needed and could barely move my cart around. The next thing I knew the afternoon was gone. I started dinner and it took a good half hour longer than it was supposed to. My mom called me which completely pushed me over the edge. I tried to be calm and happy but I knew it was going to be a crappy week at work and I just didn't want to go. This morning after the gym I decided to go back home because it had snowed and the roads were awful. Luckily I made it to work safely and I am hoping to make up that time that I lost due to bad weather. I just keep hoping for Thursday night when I will be done with work for the week and another weekend can come. Hope yours was better?

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Sorry about your crappy day. I too felt like the weekend went by way too quickly. I've decided that I don't like busy weekends b/c it feels like you never get a chance to relax, which is what weekends are for! I'm jealous that you're done on Thurs. I wish my work would let me work 10-hour days so I could have an extra weekend day!