Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009



Just wishing all of my blog readers a very happy new year. Welcome to 2009. I love the starting a new year because you have so many opportunities to start over. I think 2009 is going to be a good year for everyone. I wish you all the best.

This New Year's we were lucky enough to be invited over to our friend's Chris & Angela's for a little celebration. We had some great food and then played Wii and Scene It where Bob dominated and was lucky enough to get on the game board by the time he was in the winner's circle.

New Year's Day was spent on the couch as I was all stuffed up with a cold. We watched some football games and felt completely useless. So the next day we got up and headed out over Omaha to make some holiday returns. After many stores we were able to get everything returned/exchanged so we were pretty satisfied.

Saturday morning I got up early and headed up to Sibley for my high school friend's wedding shower. The weather was absolutely horrible. I saw so many cars in the ditch but it didn't get bad until I was closer to Sibley than I was to Omaha so I kept trucking and made it there safely. The shower was very nice and it is always fun to see some old friends. I also helped my dad get his Ipod set up and purchased a few songs from his gift card he received. I hope he gets it as we didn't spend as much time as I wanted to showing him everything. I had decided to stay in Sibley that night because the roads were so icy and I didn't want to risk it so I had another opportunity to see some of my friends again.

Yesterday morning I brought my dear Meghan O. back to the airport in Omaha and got home in time to watch the Vikings game. Too bad they lost. I was a little verbal during the game and it was such a bummer now that the season is over. This is the time of year that I have no games to watch. I don't know if that is a good thing that I am not constricted to the couch watching sports or if it is a bad thing b/c I start to watch really bad reality tv, *American Idol.*

Now back at work, starting a new year and a new week. I'm just taking this one week at a time and hoping that a positive attitude will help land a job in Omaha!

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Happy New Year, Ash! Sounds like you were able to have a little bit of fun despite my absence :) Hope I get to see you soon!