Monday, September 15, 2008

Long weekend ran short with ups and downs

This weekend felt jammed packed with lots to do but today I feel like I had nothing accomplished.

Friday was my day off, I spent some time at the gym, then to the grocery store for dinner that evening. I cleaned out our pantry and re-organized it as it was getting a little crazy with boxes that were empty etc. I made Chicken Parmigiana, Cesar Salad, and Garlic bread. Bob and I enjoyed a nice dinner (at the table) on Friday night and then waited for the Twins game to be rained out so I suffered through a couple of his TV shows and then early to bed.

Saturday morning Bob ran off to school for the day to study-he has a final this morning. I went to water aerobics and then the farmers market with Jami and Angela. On Saturday afternoon I watched my TV shows, cleaned up a bit, and made cookies. I picked up Bob for dinner at Red Lobster and then took him back to school for the evening of studying. I went to the grocery store quickly as I knew Sunday was going to be busy. I thought great the Huskers game is on, a Saturday night I can get in and get out and not deal with people. Well I was in one of the aisle and a nice looking black man came up to me and shook my hand and said, I think you are beautiful. I smiled and said thank you and continued to walk down the aisle I was looking for something I needed when he came up to me again and said, If your not busy I was wondering if I could touch you? I said NO no no no and ran away from the aisle. I was all flustered but wanted to finish my shopping. I was continuously watching my back to make sure the guy was not around me. As I was checking out I was all flustered and was not able to swipe my credit card. I told the cashier (a high school guy) what had happened and he asked me to describe the man and looked around for him. He said he could not do anything about it but he called the assistant manager over so I told him and he said, oh that is weird and walked away. I was a little upset he didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was upset. The cashier made sure I was okay and the bagger walked me to my car safely. It was 7:00 at the grocery store next to my house, not really a bad neighborhood, but this is Omaha.
After putting away my groceries Angela and Jami and I went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Angela getting a new job and the fact that our guys were at school all weekend.

Sunday morning I was picked up by my uncle and cousin to meet up with my Grandma's Cousin, Cousin Petey who was in town for his 50th Class Reunion from Creighton Med. We had a nice little breakfast and chat. I got home in time to change clothes and head out to a bar to watch the Vikings game. And it was a bad day for Minnesota Sports. I met some guys from Minnesota and watched the game with them. I was also told to calm down as I was getting a little vocal about how they were playing. We were also getting updates of the Twins game periodically which meant we were unhappy about that as well.

I came home to do laundry and a little cleaning and made dinner for Bob who came home around 6:30 from another full day of studying. I have to hand it to that kid, he really cracks down when he needs to, I'm proud of him and I hope he does well on his Infectious Disease Final. Tomorrow he will start Hematology/Oncology (Cancer) so it will be another long haul of studying but should be really interesting-for me at least.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm so happy that Infectious Disease is over! I'm hoping that I'll finally get to spend a little time with Ryan now that it's done. Thanks for keeping me company this weekend!