Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to work's realities

Well after a wonderful weekend that began late Thursday evening I am back at the grind, thanking God the weekend will be here soon. Work is starting to get a little busier, or at least a few more things during different hours of the day, which is better I guess. Thursday evening I returned home from an 11 hour day around 9:00pm. I was happy to be home and start my mini vacation as I was off on Friday. I enjoyed my Friday off running errands, taking a nice walk, and making chicken on a stick for dinner. That evening Bob and I went for a walk in the Old Market and stopped in for a drink and some great conversation.
Saturday started with some sleeping in and cleaning while Bob studied. We had Jamie & Ryan and Chris & Angela over for a little Labor Day weekend BBQ, with good food, great discussions, and lots of Catch Phrase. I have to say that I am so glad I bought that game, if you don't have it, get it. I highly recommend it.
Sunday Bob and I both woke up early so he could go to school and study and I could go to church. I picked up lunch and brought it to Bob so he could keep on studying for the day. Later that evening we met up with Chris & Angela, Jamie & Ryan, & Nick to celebrate Chris' birthday (which is today Happy B-day baby Chris) at the Melting Pot. Bob and I had never been before, it was so good but I had two sweet days this weekend.
Monday was even more sleeping in while Bob was at school studying. I met up again with Jamie and Angela for some shopping and an odd experience at the Olive Garden-the man served me a glass of wine with a straw. Finished up my Monday with some laundry and dreaded work the next day.
I was lucky in that I did not have to go into the office on Tuesday as I had planned to make some visits that were closer to Omaha than Lincoln. I was out most of the day, but took my lunch break at Best Buy to purchase the 4th season of The Office. I made some home-made macaroni and cheese and watched the Twins. It was hard to drive back to Lincoln this morning but it felt good to know that it was already Wednesday. It is just too bad I have to work until 8:30 on Friday night and drive home after, so my weekend will not seem as long :(. I will have to make the best of it.

I am also so comfy as we have the windows open and I am sitting in sweats and loving every minute of it! I love this weather, just perfect. Also, didn't have a great day at work again so I had to add another sweet day with a pumpkin spice latte. It was just one of those days.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Oh, what a fun weekend. I feel your pain! I am so sad to be back to work, but at least it's already Thursday! The weekend will be here before we know it!