Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank you friends

Last night Bob and I were invited over to our friends Jamie and Ryan Benson for a delicious home cooked meal. It was the perfect way to end our weekend. Jamie is a great cook and had made a roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, rolls and a wonderful apple pie which we enjoyed for dessert (make that two sweet days this weekend). Thank you so much for the fun evening, sorry we called it short but my early mornings make me have a pretty early night. Thanks Jamie and Ryan, Bob and I are lucky to have you as friends.

This weekend seemed like a short one because I worked late on Friday night. My boss misunderstood the event we were going to as she thought we would be busy from 5-8:30 with potential blood donors. Nope it was more like 5:00-6:00 and then we were done. They had a step off so we stayed to watch that a little bit (not the best I have seen) but it was funny to watch my boss as she thought she was into it. I returned home to watch the rest of the Twins game with Bob.

Saturday morning I was up and ready to take some Aqua aerobics at the gym with Jamie and Angela, after our workout we went to the Farmer's Market where I ran into my uncle, aunt and cousin Sarah who just moved to Omaha. Then it was lunch time so we went out to eat. Saturday afternoon I enjoyed some hot chocolate because it was so chilly out and watched my DVRed shows. Bob and I went to the mall after he returned from studying at school picked up some things for him and myself, then grabbed a bite to eat before heading to Council Bluffs to the movie theater. Bob signed us up for a $5 club at the theater where we can see movies that have been in the theaters for a few weeks for only $5. We saw the Batman Movie again. It was good the 2nd time, and so was the popcorn.

Sunday was church, grocery shopping and laundry and then over to The Bensons.

Thanks for the great weekend.

No comments: