Monday, December 15, 2008

But Baby It’s Cold Outside.

I just have to say it. I Love cold weather. Today is exceptionally freezing and it is stocking cap weather. I love the way everyone looks all bundled up freezing it just makes me think that people look better with clothes on. In the summer I hate it how everyone has barely nothing on because it is so hot. I think I love the cold weather too is because I know I will not get heat stroke. I have had that way too many times and it is such a gross feeling.

Well this weekend was quite pretty fun. I had to work a full day on Friday which was very strange for me but I tolerated it by blogging and playing games on my computer. After dinner Bob and I headed out to go Christmas shopping. He amazed me how quickly we could get things done. We were in and out of stores snapping up some purchases and then on our way to the next place. We hit Target hard and pretty much have everyone complete on our shopping list except for my mom, who is by the far the most difficult person in the world, not only to shop for, she is just difficult! But I do love her.

Saturday after some arousing water aerobics and Wii Fit, I ran some errands and then was lucky enough to watch An Inconvenient Truth with Bob. I had never seen it before and it was on tv. I later made an awesome meal of lamb burgers on pita bread with feta cheese. It was delicious. Saturday night Bob and I met up with Chris and headed out to the Creighton Basketball game at the Qwest Center. Creighton won and it was fun to watch some basketball as both Bob and I could not remember the last time we went to a b-ball game. We took a shuttle back to campus, the student shuttle wasn’t there so we hopped on a bus that took us to the Jay, a bar by Creighton. The bus was packed and there were girls on it doing cheers that spelled out Beer. Give me a B- B-you got your B you got your B. The funny part about the whole thing is there was a kid on the bus too.

On Sunday after church I did my typical Sunday thing of laundry and then we watched the Vikings rip apart the #1 Arizona Cardinals. Take that! My boy Chad Greenway had a stellar game and it was fun to see a win. That evening Bob and I went out to eat at my new favorite restaurant Jazz: A Louisiana Kitchen. We had popcorn crawfish and I enjoyed one of the best meals ever of Shrimp Creole with Dirty Rice. Yummy.

It was a nice weekend and I look forward to this being the last full week of work before the holidays. Boy am I ready.

3 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...

I wish Wii with me and Ryan could have been part of your post! I really wanted to come play. Too bad Ryan had to turn into a cripple...poor kid. Oh well. What does this weekend look like for you? Maybe we can get together to play then.

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...

Sorry, I think I screwed the last post up, so I will try again. Just wanted to let you know that I am now I "follower" of you blog. Sweet, huh? Happy Holidays and hope to see you soon!

Tony

PS...Say hi to Bob and the Wii for me.