Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Belated Christmas

What a wonderful Christmas. I am so lucky to have been able to spend this holiday with lots of people I love. Here is a little recap of the great time Bob and I had December 23rd-December 28th!

Bob and I traveled to Sibley to celebrate Christmas with my family, we missed out on half the clan being there as Nate, Pat & Ashley all celebrated elsewhere, we really missed them being around and it felt a little odd not sitting in our regular seats. Tuesday evening Bob and Cole put together a Wii bowling tournament with bracket and all. It was a double elimination tourney with 8 players ranging in age from 4 to 55. We had both our Wii and Cole’s playing on different tvs. Tom and Cole were in the championship game, with Cole taking the prize of $5 in Sibley Chamber Bucks. I am happy to say that I did get 3rd in the tourney; all losers were awarded a conciliation prize of a candy cane.

We were able to enjoy some family time on Christmas Eve with my dad’s side of the family and then our opening presents routine which like I said was a little different because my brothers were not there. This was the first year I sat on a chair but after re-looking at some of my presents I may move back to the floor because I could not see a dang thing. I seriously thought everything was a different color than what it was. We need some lights in there. It was so much fun to see Cole, Merrick & Macy opening presents. Later that night we went to midnight mass at church and then straight into bed so Santa could come. And guess what? He did!

Christmas morning Bob and I loaded up the car and headed to Roseville. We were able to get there by 11:15 to see that Santa came to two different houses, we must be really good. Christmas day was spent with Bob’s family enjoying a great meal and opening presents. Addy is just a little doll and we could tell she was enjoying this wonderful day of celebration.

Friday morning Bob and I headed to the Cathedral to meet with Deacon Jim for some marriage prep items. We now have some good starting points and we also took the focus inventory. We will meet with the Chaplain at Creighton to go over our answers, I hope we passed. Bob and I then met up with his family and cousins at the Mall of America to go on rides. I went on the new roller coaster and that was just about enough for me, it goes straight up and straight down, and upside down all inside the mall.

Saturday Bob’s parents treated us to see A Christmas Carol at The Guthrie. What a great show and we are so lucky that we were able to spend this time with his family. That evening we had their Christmas tradition of Wild Rice Soup, and it was delicious. We also were able to spend some time with Mesa and Tony on Saturday night. I really miss them.

Sunday morning Bob and I and his parents met up with my parents and my sister’s family for a breakfast buffet at their hotel. And then Merrick, Cole, Tom, my Dad, Bob and I headed to the Vikings game to watch them take the NFC North Division Championship. Oh yeah Purple Pride! It was so much fun.

I want to thank of course my parents and Bob’s parents for the great gifts that were totally unnecessary but completely appreciated. Also thanks for letting us stay with you both. We are so lucky to have loving and caring parents who only want the best for us. We hope that you are able to enjoy your presents this year as well.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you all didn’t get caught up in presents but remember the real meaning of this day. How lucky are all of us to have Jesus Christ born on December 25th?

No comments: