Tuesday, December 9, 2008

To be continued.

So I am back to finish out last week. I realized that pretty much all I talked about was the food. Yes this is the highlight of my life. You don’t get to look this way without loving the stuff and when we go back to visit we are guaranteed some good food.

So. Monday-Thursday I honestly cannot remember what we did except for work and school. I know that is pretty lame. I did have my one year anniversary on Wednesday of that week. I had a performance review which went fantastic. I was a little nervous my boss had caught on to my complete lack of motivation to go above and beyond but I did exceed expectations on many categories so we are good to go. Bob started respiratory and was excited to have one of his favorite professors from last year-sense the sarcasm.

Friday I only had an hour of work left so I stayed home and made use of my day off by working out and then hit many stores for some shopping. Unfortunately it was not a good trip as I only accomplished one thing and that was a pair of shoes for myself. Oh year Christmas is about giving… Friday evening Bob and started our Christmas tradition by watching some of our movies. We watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. What a funny and great movie.

Saturday was like many other Saturdays. Bob woke up to go to school to study and I went to my water aerobics class. It is funny I didn’t want to take water aerobics and then Jamie and Angela started so I went with them. Now both of them are unable to attend on Saturdays so it is me. Oh well the work out is great and it is funny to see all of the old ladies in the class. Saturday afternoon I had another Christmas tradition by being a bell ringer for the Salvation Army. I rang outside the hardware store by our house from 1:00pm-5:00pm. I dressed warmly but after the first hour I was unable to feel my toes and by the time I came home most of my body was numb. I like volunteering as a bell ringer because I know that I am able to do some good with my time. It is also fun people watching. Saturday evening Bob treated me to the Olive Garden to warm up and then we did get a little shopping done after.

Sunday I was still too cold to try to go to a bar to watch the Vikings and I knew it could be a disaster so I stayed home to watch the game on my computer. Not quite the action you are used to but I was able to clean the house and do some laundry during the game. The game was a typical Vikings Lions game and I am happy we squeezed that out again. Bob was at school studying again, I feel bad that most of his weekends are spent at school.

Monday. Just so you know Bob did great on his respiratory quiz and we went out for Indian food with Cassy and Megan from his class to celebrate. And yes this is it, I am talking about food again-it was great!

So we both had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I am thankful for all of my friends and family, my wonderful fiancé, a roof over my head, a job to go to, a car to take me there, my health, and of course FOOD to eat.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

So thats where you were when I called you - bell ringing! I suppose that's a good enough excuse for not being able to come shopping with me :) I love that you volunteered to do that for Christmas. Way to really get into the Christmas spirit!