Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ashes to Ashes on Ash Wednesday

Well as my sister knows this is probably one of my least favorite days. Bob can just laugh at me but today is one of two days of Catholic Fasting. The Muslims are rolling around laughing at me right now because they fast so much better. Catholics are allowed to eat small meals, but not allowed to snack, we can drink fluids throughout the day, and on a normal day, I can totally do that. But it just seems like Ash Wednesday and Good Friday my body says no, we will see what today brings as it was an early morning, I'm working 10 hours and then on to church. Here comes irritable Ashley!

Ash Wednesday is also the beginning of Lent, and for 40 days we are asked to do something for God. For some that is pray more and for others it is giving something up. My dad gives up Jell-o every year, b/c he hates it so much. I think for Easter I will make him some Jell-o eggs and tell him he has to eat them b/c Lent is over. This year I am declaring my sacrifice on my blog, so I stick with it. I'm giving up games on my computer, yes that means Spider Solitaire as well as Web Sudoku both at home and at work. Wish me luck and hopefully JC appreciates my sacrifice as much as I appreciated his, granite his was a little bigger.

2 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...

There is nothing I dislike more than fasting. I feel like I am going to die all day long when I fast and I get super irritable and weak feeling. Although when I fast for church stuff, that means that I don't get to eat anything at all (except I will usually chew gum which technically has calories in it). I normally last until lunchtime and then I can't take it anymore :) Good luck with giving up computer games! I guess you'll have to find something else to pass the time, like write me emails!

HE who is a Tape... as in Patrick Tape Fleming said...

I was just at the store and noticed a girl with an ash on her head and I was like wooooo it must be ash wednesday..
Im a little out of the loop.. Like father like son I think this year JELLO is gone for me as well!
hope your day was good.. HEY ASH day and YOUR bday in the same month I say you lucky!