Monday, February 9, 2009

Relaxing same old thing

Well I couldn’t miss out on the abnormally warm weather we had this weekend. It was so nice to walk outside on Friday and Saturday. You know I love the cold weather, but I’m not going to complain when we get in the 60s as that is jeans and sweatshirt weather which I love. Most of the weekend was spent running errands and making some good food for my love, Bob. I was able to snag some Wii time with Jamie who came over to try out the Wii Fit. Bob and I joined Megan and Jason (Med School friends) to go to the UNO hockey game. UNO was horrible and lost 5-0, but the game was also dedicated to Brain Cancer. They had a lighting ceremony before the game where everyone had a pen flashlight. First they had Brain Cancer patients shine their light, then those affected by Brain Cancer, then anyone who has had cancer, and then anyone affected by cancer and all of the lights were showing in the Qwest Center. And all of a sudden the flood gates open, Bob turned to me and I was bawling, those things just get to me. Anyway if they raised $30,000 by the end of the game the entire UNO hockey team and their coaches were going to shave their heads. So after the game we stayed to watch all their heads get shaved. Brain Cancer is more common than you think so I’m glad they had that awareness and raised money for it on Saturday night.
My Sunday was a normal one, but with no sports to watch. It ended up being pretty busy as I really wanted to make a nice dinner for Bob. We had barbecued chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and corn. It was so tasty. We watched the Grammy’s last night, which both of us have not done in years. Some of the performances were fun, some not so much, and some people who won I had not heard of. Oh well. Hope all of you had a good weekend and a great upcoming week.
I’m looking forward to the end of this week when my brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit. I haven’t seen them in a long time, so I am excited to hang out with them and to enjoy a little bit of time with Bob when he isn’t studying for Endo/Repro or the boards. Bob found out that he will take the big exam on June 2nd. We are definitely excited for that to be over but we both know that there is a long bumpy road from here to there. Keep at it Bob.

No comments: