Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine’s Day spent with the family.

So it definitely was not the weekend I had planned, but it was nice to see the family. Friday of course we had a major snow storm which piled up the snow very quickly. I ended up getting some good cleaning in before Bob came home early from school as the University closed early and before Pat and Ashley came over. Luckily they were able to leave plenty early to get miss most of the snow storm on I-80. They were able to go the theater/film they had tickets for and they said they had a blast.

Saturday consisted of a light work out at the gym with my bro & sis-in-law and then lunch with my mom and dad and them. We traveled around Omaha for my mother to go to Michaels and the NE Furniture mart and then back to our house for a Valentine’s dinner. Our house is small and our kitchen is even smaller. There is about a 2x2 area of workspace, and I get so annoyed when I am trying to make dinner and other people are in my area. Well Saturday night became even worse b/c there were about 5 people trying to make dinner and I was the one in the other room cringing at the fact that I had absolutely no control of what was going on in my kitchen. I did make a fuss when I smelled something burning and it started to get smokey. Ahhh. The food was decent and after dinner my mom decided to wash all of the dishes by hand even though the dishwasher was completely empty (she forgot I had one). We ended up playing Catch Phrase and that always produces some good laughs and great stories. I think my mom is the worse Catch Phrase player ever. Her clues were not very good and she pointed for everything. She also would forget to pass the catch phrase b/c she was celebrating too much.

Sundays are always the same at my house although just cleaning up from the family was a full time job on top of my normal Sunday duties. I was able to catch the end of one of my old favorite movies Troop Beverly Hills. Bob came home just in time and was shocked that I could quote it and that some of my favorite movies quotes come from there, such as, “Patches, we don’t need no stinkin’ patches.”

All in all V-day has come and gone and check this out-I didn’t even have a piece a chocolate!

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

A cramped kitchen is the worst!! In 10 or so years when I finally have a house of my own, a big kitchen is definitely gonna be at the top of my list of necessities! Overall, I'm glad you had a good V-Day weekend with the fam.