Friday, February 6, 2009

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes

Well I know that my Birthday was on Monday but the celebrations continued to keep going. Thank you everyone that helped me celebrate my birthday in so many special ways. Here is a little recap. Hopefully I won't leave anything out.
Saturday my mom drove up from Kansas City and my dad drove down from Sibley to take Bob and I out for lunch. We ate at the Upstream and we all had some really great food. It was fun to have them meet here in Omaha and to hang out for a bit. After lunch we came back to our place to open presents, which I was spoiled as my mom did a green theme where everything was the color green. But the best part of the whole day was that my mom and sis made me an Angel Food Cake. It was delicious!
Sunday was spent cleaning and organizing as we had Nick & Alena, Chris & Angela, & Jamie & Ryan over for the Superbowl. The game was great but everyone brought awesome food that I ate way too much of. It was fun to spend my "Persian Birthday" with those friends.
Monday-The Groundhog saw his shadow-but at work I had a cloud over my head. The stress of last week's drama from work lurked into my birthday. We had to cancel my birthday lunch with co-workers to hold an emergency conference call where people were yelling and swearing at each other. I vowed to not let it get to me as it was my special day. That evening Bob made some great dinner, and it was spent chatting on the phone and chillin out.
Tuesday-my co-workers insisted on taking me out to lunch. I was anything but excited for this but it was fine.
Wednesday-after more work drama which included me throwing away 160 copies of something to reprint them at Kinkos. I was able to get home early enough as Bob and I planned to go out to eat, to celebrate me being 25! We went to a wonderful Indian restaurant. I enjoyed some vegetable curry while Bob had the Lamb Saag. We couldn't get over how good the food was and we were happy we had dinner there.
Thursday evening I finished the last piece of Angel Food cake and said goodbye to my birthday. I am still able to enjoy all the wonderful presents, cards, & flowers through out the year so thank you very much all of you for making my day so great.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Mmmmmm, now THAT is my idea of a great Birthday dinner! I need the name of the restaurant!

Sorry you had drama at work, but I'm glad all your other celebrations were fun-filled! Glad to be a little part of it!

xoxo

Jamie & Ryan said...

I had no idea there was so much work drama happening! I'm sorry. There isn't much that's worse than drama at work...I'm glad you had a good birthday week anyway. :)