Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bad House Guest

So after What's Your Type I showed up at my dear friends, Mesa and Tony's. They were kind enough to let me stay. As I arrived I proceeded to drop a bottle of champagne that I was giving them as a gift on the floor. The bottle shattered and the champagne was a sticky mess. I'm so sorry.
The next morning while Mesa and Tony were at work, I was going to lounge around the house, finish up some Blood Bank work and get ready to hang with Mesa in the afternoon. Well I took my car keys out to my car to grab my work computer when I realized that I had just locked myself out. I was in my Pajamas, what was I going to do? I thought, well I can get into my car, and hang out at a coffee shop until Mesa is done working at 11:30! He he, I didn't even have my purse or phone with me. I was lucky enough to have a roll of quarters in my car I keep for meters so I was that girl that bought a coffee with quarters. I got on to my computer and emailed Mesa right away to inform her of my 2nd bad house guest moment. We set it up that I would drive to her work, she would run down hand me her house key and I could at least go shower. Oh boy!
I vowed that one year from that day I was bound to have a better day, as it was April 24th-only a year until Wedding Bells.
After Mesa was finished with work we went to go check out and confirm her choice of a wedding dress. It is so gorgeous and she was absolutely glowing when she put it on. I am so happy for her and am so excited for their wedding in Mexico next summer. We then do what the two of us absolutely love to do together...shop :) And let me tell you, I shopped my little heart out, but it was needed, well wanted at least.
We joined Tony for dinner and then headed to Valentinos, which I thought was funny b/c that is a gross pizza buffet here in NE. But it was this beautiful mansion in South St. Paul that has been turned into a night club. When we arrived there was a softball fundraiser going on for some of Tony's co-workers, but it was more like a frat party. Later the dance music came on as well as these tvs that showed an outline of naked women dancing. We headed down to the dance floor to find out the club is 18 plus and there were some 18 plus ladies getting their groove on, and 30 plus gentleman watching. It was so odd, we left but I guess these two 25 year olds and 24 year old engaged kids were too tired and headed for bed at 10:30.
I loved being a house guest at the Johnson and Denny Residence. They have a great place and I am so glad I was able to spend some time with my dear friends. I miss them so much, hopefully residence will be in the Twin Cities so we can live near them.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Ha ha ha!! Oh my gosh! That is really funny. Locking myself out of the house while wearing my pj's is totally something I would do! So, did you find some cute shoes to wear with your dress? Angela told me that you decided to take the orange ones back b/c of how uncomfortable they were. Hope you were able to find something cute!