Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's Your Type?


On Thursday I headed up to Minnesota to help and check out Memorial Blood Center's What's Your Type Event. This event has been going on for a few years and it seems to get bigger and better every year. This was my 3rd time volunteering. I arrived at 2:00 to see some old friends and co-workers and to help finish getting everything ready. I also had a chance to look at some of the awesome silent auction items they had for sale. I only looked as many of the minimum bids were $100 and there was no way I could afford that, especially when I knew I would be shopping the next day. Any way What's Your Type is a play on blood types, but they also have different types of food to taste, drinks to drink, things to buy and people to see. Tim Mahoney, a local MN artist rocked the whole evening long and they ended up raising over $11,000 in that night alone. GOOD JOB! I'm glad I attended. But duh me did not take any pictures the whole weekend.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm glad that the event went well! Was your new dress a big hit? :)