Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dress Shopping & Surgery

On Saturday, this past weekend, I got together with my dear S.O.s of Med School friends and went dress shopping for our Med Schoo Prom dresses. As you can recall last year we went to Golden Apple an evening of awards, dinner, dancing and drinking for all four classes of Creighton Med School. This year we will be attending again and Angela, Jamie and I needed new dresses for the ocaisson. We had lots of fun shopping around trying some silly dresses on and finding some really good ones too. I think we are all excited to wear the new outfits and look great for our future doctors. Heck-there have to be some benefits of being a med school's wife, fiance and girlfriend right? After all the studying, endless stories of things I have no way of understanding, and the frustration that when I am sick he still doesn't know the answer, but will diagnos some random man in the bathroom stall next to him. I'll have pictures to share after the event.

My mom had surgery on her foot yesterday. I spoke to her yesterday morning and she seemed a bit nervous but knew it would soon be over with. I spoke to her again last night on her way home and she said she was feeling fine, totally with it and ready to start her recovery. I wish her the fastest best recovery ever. Anyone who knows my mom, knows she does not sit, she is always up helping someone else. Well mom, relax, take it easy. This is your time to read a book, watch some movies and catch up on all the TV drama. Hmm, I should look into getting the OJ Simpson murder trial on DVD. She was into that and watched all day long. That could keep her occupied and off that foot...thinking of you mom!

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Dress shopping was so fun! You should email me the pictures you took of our sweet outfits. Mine did not turn out well at all, sadly.(I promise I won't post the pics if you send them to me! I just think it would be fun to be able to look back on someday, ya know?)So, I showed Ryan both of the dresses that I picked out and he definitely enjoyed the blue one more (and liked the fact that it was so much less expensive), but thought that the black one was more appropriate. I agree, so that is the one I will wear unless I can find something cute that's a little cheaper. I told Ryan I would look around a little more and keep my options open - that seemed to make him feel a little better. Anyway, I'm super excited! We're gonna be 3 hot ladies at golden apple! :)