Thursday, April 30, 2009

The rest of the weekend-it got better.

I wanted to fill in the last part of my weekend up North. Saturday morning I actually did some wedding planning. I was able to look into some things on the Internet because most wedding things are blocked at my work. I also tried out two local bakeries to get a feel for wedding cakes and our special dessert! I was able to meet up with Judi, Homayoun, Sara and Addy for a great Thai lunch and then Judi and I headed off to the Cathedral to view the 2:00 wedding. It was exciting to see what a wedding looks like there and to hear the music. I am my mother and sister and cry at weddings so I got a little teary eyed when the couple was saying their vows. I think I was thinking more of that will be Bob and I in one year, how exciting. Oh boy I am going to be a wreck crying at our wedding though. After leaving the Twin Cities I headed straight to Sibley to hang with my mom for a bit. Poor thing just sits with her legs up and is instructed to not put any weight on her foot. When she needs to get up she uses a walker that has a seat, props her knee on the seat and scoots around. It is kind of funny but I know she hates it. I felt awful leaving her Sunday afternoon as my dad was gone. It was nice to know that she has great friends to take care of her along with both of my grandmas. I think what scares me the most is that she is going to try to do way too much and that poor little foot of hers will not heal. Soon it will be summer and I know she will be up and running again.

During my whole time having fun enjoying myself, Bob was here in Omaha working his tail off. Bob finished up Behavioral Medicine with his final on Monday, the 27th. He was so happy to be done with this class as it had so much extra busy work included with it. He was frustrated because he was not able to give more time to studying for boards. He also said that studying for the boards was more fun than studying for that class, we just know Bob will not be in the psychology field! Tuesday through today the M2s have been going through intense review lectures helping them study for the boards. This is the most comprehensive test he will ever take, the questions are so detailed and they do not leave anything out from simple math to biochemistry he must know it all. They will have a practice exam tomorrow. One of the professors said, these next four weeks will be the worst of your life. Can I tell you that I am looking forward to it? But it is coming down to crunch time and here is my shot to prove to Bob I am behind him 100%. I am learning that when he says he needs to study. I let him study, and most importantly when he needs to take a break, I let him take one. It is not worth it to get burnt out or sick.

I’m sure I will keep you posted in the next four weeks as it is going to be a stressful time, but well worth it in the end.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm right there with ya! It's gonna be a rough month, but it will all be over soon. We just need to do our best to be supportive. I have a tendency to get a little cranky when Ryan and I don't spend enought time together, so I need to make sure I put that aside and be the support that he needs me to be! I can't wait til boards are over!!