Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Busy but fun week

Wow, I can't believe how time flies when you are having fun. Things have been pretty busy since Bob got back last week. Like I had said I wanted to spend every second with him, but I think we are getting back to normalcy now as we may have been on each other's nerves a bit last night. Of course it didn't help that work was also back to normal and I came home crying about how things are run. Play by play of the last week.

Friday morning we got up early so we could get tickets for the College World Series Game that night, but b/c we went to bed early we didn't find out that the game was in a rain delay. So after I woke up and showered I had the whole day ahead of me, and didn't get to sleep in! We did some shopping around for tvs and noticed that we must have looked like we were not going to buy b/c nobody would help us. I had decided that it must have been the Twins shirt I was wearing, not a Huskers shirt! We went to India Jones on Friday night-and all I can say about that is that it was just ok.

Saturday we tried again for the tickets. Woke up, drove to the stadium and stood in line for 2 hours. We were able to get tickets with Bob's friends so we knew it would be fun to hang with them. After getting the tickets we drove over to Best Buy to make the largest purchase we have ever made together. The new love of my life, our TV! We went all out on this one and are stimulating the economy + some! We thought if we were going to spend the money we might as well get everything else that goes with it. So now we watch anything in HD. Lots of sports and I think Bob is glad he doesn't have to turn it off right now to go study. After turning the tv off for the first time we headed to the CWS game. Both Bob and I were a little bored. It seemed to be much slower than a Major League game and we had not investments in the teams or players.

Sunday was spent cleaning up the house and watching some more tv! I even woke up early so I could have some alone time with the Samsung. We had friends over that afternoon evening. We grilled and everyone brought over food. We played some games outside and even got to play catch phrase, my fav!

I'm really lucky that Bob has found a good group of friends from school that all have great wives or a girlfriend. It is nice having Nick and Alena close enough to us and I am looking forward for Chris and Angela and Jamie and Ryan to move even closer. I'm sure in the next three years we will need each other to be a support while the boys are busy studying, taking the boards and going on rounds.

Well hopefully today's work will be uneventful as yesterday they sprung some things on us that were completely unprofessional. Wish me luck in finding a new job soon. After the baseball trip it is going to be the only thing on my mind.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Amen to our boys finding a good group of friends that all have awesome girlfriends and wife. It really is going to be so nice to have each other to depend on when the guys are busy and gone all the time.
I love your blog. Your stories have been so fun to read! I've only read a few so far, but I loved every one and I look forward to reading more.