Monday, June 2, 2008

It's been a busy week.

I thought when I was in Omaha alone for a whole month I would be writing on this blog every day. Now it has been a whole week and I think to myself holy cow where has the time gone? To catch you up on what I have been doing since Memorial Day, other than working.

Tuesday, my life flashed before my eyes as I went with my friend Angela to look at a new duplex for her and her boyfriend in Omaha. We went to Starbucks and at the busiest intersection of our city she decided to run a red left turn arrow. It was a close call, a little scary though.

Wednesday was a vegg out night of laundry and trying to pick up the house. And watching the news as Omaha had a hydrochloric acid spill and they were evacuating as a plume of the acid was heading west-it was great.

Thursday we had bad storm and Angela came over for dinner and to watch the storm coverage. Also to make sure if we needed to go to the basement we could. I ended up not getting any sleep that night b/c the storms did not hit until late and I was worried about her as she had not been through severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings before.

Friday I was so tired I was having a hard time making it through a 7 hour work day. I came home and slept even though it was gorgeous outside.

Saturday morning I met Angela at the Farmer's Market in the Old Market. There were so many people there b/c it was so nice out. We had a good time looking at the stands and picking up some fresh veggies, flowers, and even a pie. We had lunch in Council Bluffs and then went to Sex & the City the movie. It was great. I loved it, I probably want to see it again! I cried 3 different times.

Saturday evening I drove up to Sibley to meet up with my parents and the Mayor of Sibley to have dinner and drinks.

Sunday morning the fam got up early and headed to Minneapolis (oh how I miss it there) for the Twins game. We dropped mom off at Ridgedale and then to the Dome. We saw a great game against the Yankees. Even better-Joe Mauer wasn't playing so Redmond was in and he did well. Nick Blackburn was pitching well until he got a line drive to the face. He dropped to the ground and we saw blood shoot out of his face. He got up right away and went off the field while the rest of the team was looking around the mound for what we thought were teeth-he ended up being okay no broken teeth or not even a broken nose-lucky. We also got to see the Yankees make a huge error in the outfield. Melky Cabrerra tripped and threw the ball over his head into right field instead of towards the infield. Justin Morneau was standing up at home before the ball even made it into the infield. Ha Yankees, Twins won 5-1.

I rode back to Sibley with my mom and dad and we got there around 7:30. I was back in Omaha by 10:00 last night, but I'm tired I had a full weekend for sure but it helps the time go by faster.

On Saturday after coming home from the movie there flowers on my front doorstep from Bob. What a sweetie. That was so nice of him. Tulips even.

He is doing okay. I haven't heard his voice since Friday, May 23rd. But he seems to be doing better than the emails from earlier this week. So that is good to hear.

No comments: