Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fun weekend in my old stomping grounds


I just got back from MN, and I had a blast. It was so nice to go back to the Twin Cities and hang with friends. I miss it there so much. I really hope Bob gets a residency match somewhere up there in 3 years.


Friday when I got to Mesa and Tony's we went directly to Urgent Care as Mesa had fell down the steps. We kept joking that Tony pushed her, and that was funny until they asked her that at the doctors office, we decided it wasn't funny to joke about that. She ended up with a bad sprain and needed an immobilizer which is a Velcro foam cast from her upper thigh to her ankle. It looked like it hurt so much. She was such a trooper this weekend and she wasn't going to let that cast get her down. We went to the Cleveland Wok for dinner, some of the best Chinese food in buffet form just down the street from UST.

Saturday we went to get pedicures then met up with Katie and went shopping. Of course I found a few things, but didn't find the blue shoes I was looking for, I don't need blue shoes, but I want them! (As pictured above they are the same ones from Sex & The City and I want want want some like it) We went out to eat at a place I have always wanted to go and the food was soo good, I downed it! It was a long day so early to bed.
This morning I met up with Bob's family for breakfast and to see his Sister's new house. It was fun to see them and to see her place which is really nice. They will make it a great new home.
Drove back through a bad thunderstorm. I actually saw lightning touch the ground and heard the loudest thunder ever. Kind of scary but everyone else kept driving and I knew I shouldn't stop just right there in the thick of it.
This week I have lots to do before Bob comes back on Tuesday next week. I really need to clean the house. There were some major cleaning projects I wanted to get done while he was gone but haven't had the chance yet. I guess that is good, or a sign that I am lazy b/c I really have had time!
I talked to Bob on Friday evening. He was getting ready to take a train ride for 48 hours. 36 hours straight and then 12 more after that. Sounded horrible, but it will be worth it when they arrive on the edge of the Himalayas. It will be just beautiful. I can't wait for him to get home, but I hope he enjoys the last leg of his trip.

No comments: