Thursday, June 12, 2008

Night of the Twisters

I hate this weather, I hate it I hate it I hate it.

Last night I returned home after picking up dinner around 6:30. I hoped in the shower as I had been sweating profusely and all of a sudden I heard something. I turned the water off and sure enough it was the tornado sirens. I wrapped a towel around me grabbed some shorts and ran to the basement in a hurry. Yes I was naked. Then my thoughts were if I am going to die I really don't want to be found with some short shorts on and that is it. So I ran back upstairs to grab clothes, the flashlight, a blanket, chair, and turned my tv on really loud so I heard what they were saying from the basement. Then I got smart and brought my computer downstairs and watched the live feed on that. The sirens were done and I waited patiently for the next round. Angela drove quickly from Council Bluffs over to my place and got here just in time for more sirens. We spent plenty of time sitting in my basement holding each other as we were both scared. She was getting really concerned about having a mattress to cover ourselves up with, but I refused to haul a mattress down to my dirty basement. I told her sleeping bags and down comforters were going to have to save our lives if we needed it. We decided to go upstairs as they were saying that things had past our area of Omaha but there were still plenty of storms around us. She slept on the couch and I slept on the futon last night and we didn't get very much sleep. I know that sleeping compared to what happened last night was very trivial.

I do feel really bad for all of the scouts at the Little Sioux Scout Camp. We kept hearing the news of all of these Omaha scouts that were there. I feel very thankful that I am safe and sound.

Angela's boyfriend gets home today. So I don't think I will hear from her tonight, even if there are storms. We were talking about how her boyfriend and Bob are going to get an earful when they get home about the stress of these storms.

I feel like I have so much to do before Bob gets home, my parents are coming this weekend, and I have to work on Saturday morning. I also want to work a really long day on Monday so I don't have to work so much when Bob gets back. We will see how that goes I guess.

No comments: