Saturday, August 16, 2008

chillin

I am so happy that we were able to stay at home this weekend. We have already done so much with my day off yesterday and today. Yesterday Bob and I helped out our friends the Bensons, well just Ryan re-paint some walls in their old apartment. Yes even after my bad painting job on Macy and Merrick's room I attempted to do it again, both Bob and I realized painting is not our forte and if we need to ever paint we will just have to hire someone. In the afternoon we went to a back to school picnic for Bob where he was supposed to meet his M1 buddy, who did not show. We talked to some of his classmates and then headed home to change clothes. We went out to eat at a fine dinning restaurant in Omaha's Old Market area called Passport. We enjoyed shrimp cocktail, a bottle of wine, salad and Bob had a steak and I had rack of lamb. Everything was really good and we didn't even have room for dessert. My lamb was finished at the table so they started it on fire right in front of us. What a great way to celebrate. We finished the evening by meeting up with the M1s and M2s at the Upstream, but we came to find out it was more M1s than we thought so we left after one drink.
This morning was spent cleaning the house up as we will be having some friends over to grill and enjoy each others company before school starts on Monday. We also just got back from the mall. I had wanted to get Bob an engagement present as it isn't fair that a girl gets an engagement ring and the guy gets nothing. So we picked out a new watch for Bob. As we were walking in the mall his watch had completely stopped so it was time for something new. We found one we both really like, we are hoping it lasts a long time. I wanted to get on one knee with it, but Bob said no. That may still happen though.
Tomorrow will be a calm relaxed lazy day of watching tv. We are both looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie & Ryan said...

So, did you ever get down on one knee? ha ha! You are so cute!
I'm glad that you guys had a nice relaxing weekend. I'm sad I missed the BBQ. I hope I'll get to see you soon! Angela and I were talking about going to the farmer's market this weekend if you're interested in joining us. Angela wants to get a Jew like yours and I want to get a pretty hanging plant too!