Thursday, August 14, 2008

Going to the chapel/reception hall/beach/courthouse...?


Well, yes Bob asked me to marry him. I'm still at a loss for words about it. And we still do not know how, when or where we want to get married. For the past 10 years I have gone over wedding plans in my head and now thinking about real wedding plans is very overwhelming. It has been fun to tell all of my friends and family about the recent engagement and to hear Bob refer to me as his fiance. It has also been strange because of my refusals. I refuse to tell the people I work with, I know how they will react, and I don't want to share my personal life with them. I also am not calling Bob my fiance, b/c it is a french word and it sounds silly to me. I refuse to gush over this, yes I am ecstatic about marrying the most amazing man in the world, I know I am so lucky that I have found the person I will spend the rest of my life with but the relationship Bob and I have cannot be judged by others and I certainly do not want to have it scrutinized by someone that does not know us.
Anyway back to planning... the one thing I have always thought about is the music at my wedding, I guess I am a little like my brother in that sense. But I would love all of these songs at the ceremony, reception and dance. So at least there is that to look forward to.
A little shout out to my best friend and man I will marry. I love you, thanks for proposing, thanks for completely surprising me, and thank you for wanting to spend the rest of your life with me.
I also promise that my blog will not turn into a Bridezilla Blog about wedding planning. If that happens, take me down. I'm serious.

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Congrats, again! Your wedding will be beautiful. I know you'll do a wonderful job planning it. And if you need any extra help, let me know! I'd love to help in any way I can. I'm still anxiously anticipating hearing the proposal story...