Friday, August 8, 2008

Where did the summer go?

Not this weekend but next weekend will be my first full Saturday and Sunday spent in Omaha since the beginning of July. I feel like I have been on the go non stop. Working during the week and then off on one of my many adventures up to Minneapolis or down to Kansas City. Like I said there is one more weekend full of things ahead.

Tomorrow I will head up to Sibley for my cousin's wedding while Bob heads over to eastern Iowa to see the Field of Dreams. Sounds like him and his friends have a day packed of sightseeing and I know he is excited for one of his last trips of the summer.

Next week the M1s will start school and Bob and his M2 buds start on the 18th so he will have one last week of freedom. Bob is helping out with some of the M1 things this coming week so he will have an early start to a big year. After this year Bob will take the boards or as I call them "Doctor or no Doctor." It will be a very stressful time for them, and for me as I will have to keep reassuring him that he will do a good job. Wow these tests are almost a year away and if I am stressing about them now I do not even know what next spring will be like. Hopefully by then I will have a new job and will be able to spend some more time helping out around the house.

I know I have complained about my job so much, but there is one thing about my job that I love and that is it is so flexible. I can work 4, 10 hour days and take every other Friday off. The weeks I do not take off Fridays I can take a different day. This week I worked a few hours from home on Tuesday and then Bob and I headed over to the Henry Doorly Zoo.

This was my 3rd time at the zoo since I moved in October. The first time we went with friends and really did not prepare ourselves for the monstrosity of the zoo. It is so big and there is so much to see there, we actually ended up missing half of the exhibits due to an injury. The next time it was spring and the animals were not very active as it was pretty chilly and I still missed things, and Bob wasn't there. This time the two of us were able to go at our own pace and do what we wanted to do. Before we got there we had agreed to not go into the Kingdom of the Night exhibit, both of us hate particular parts of that place b/c of the animals that are in it. We both got brave and went through it though and made it out alive, without any screaming, fighting, or crying. We were standing in line and noticed we were the only adults there that did not have any kids when we got there, but once we entered we realized that we both turned into 4 year olds. We rode the steam engine train around the zoo and saw the elephants, I think the train was Bob's favorite part. I also got to pet a penguin, I was also the oldest one in line for that!

We will see what else Omaha has to offer us in the next 3 years. Here is my list of hopes for it.
1. A job within the city limits of Omaha for Ashley
2. A calm relaxing environment with few distractions for Bob to study
3. Cheaper flights between OMA and MSP.
4. A chance to meet Warren Buffet
5. A quality medical education with lots of opportunities and a chance for a good match

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Well, the one weekend that you are in town, I will be out of town! We'll catch up one of these days...
I feel really sad that summer is almost over- mostly because I've liked having Ryan around. Us girls will have to keep each other company. It's nice that we're all in this together. We can all be there for each other and for our men as the dreaded boards approach. :)
I hope you find a new job that you love soon. Good luck!