Saturday, May 17, 2008

And he is off...

Just got back from the airport and dropped Bob off. I didn't think I would have that much trouble saying goodbye until my sister called and there went the flood gates. So one month and he will be back.

We had a really good time on before he left. Thursday night we grilled and Bob had steak before he went to the land of worshipping the cow, not eating it. We also had some real American corn on the cob. Watched the office on Thursday night, what a shocker. I was disappointed that Pam and Jim are not engaged yet and now I have to wait until next season.

Friday we slept in late bummed around and than Bob left for his group meeting and I was getting ready for an interview I had Friday afternoon. Bob called and his car had broken down along side of the road. He had just been saying, that it was being weird but wasn't going to worry about it until after he got back from India. After having it towed back to our place and pushing it into his spot behind our house I had to rush him over to the meeting and than rush to the interview that went okay.

We went downtown when I returned, got some coffee, and than walked around. We realized we had a lot of extra time so we went to get a drink during happy hour, and than went to eat at a Cajun restaurant just outside of Old Market. It is a New Orleans themed place called Jazz. We were there too early for the band but the food was really good and not that expensive. We walked around some more, came back and watched the Twins game and finished packing his bags. This morning we just got him ready to go and than there he went. It was nice to spend some time with Bob before he left. I really hope he enjoys his trip, but I hope it goes by fast. REALLY FAST.

The weather is really nice here so I am going to spend some time outside, but I do plan on deep cleaning the house. Even cleaning my closet and such. Well I am being a little ambitious. We will see.

No comments: