Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Too much Big Red for this girl.

I went to the Creighton vs. Nebraska baseball game last night at the legendary Rosenblat Stadium. Our friend Ryan's birthday was yesterday and his wife Jamie's company had tickets we could use. I was excited to see a baseball game b/c it has been a while but after arriving at the stadium I realized I did not prepare myself to be in the midst of thousands of Husker fans. Thoughts were rolling through my head about how odd these people really are. The stadium was packed with red all over. One quote was, "The Heartland is a little too extreme for me."~This coming from the California girl. Our group of friends down here are great b/c we all know that in just three years we will be packing our things and leaving Nebraska.

So the game was awful. Creighton is not that great at baseball this year and the others have a decent team. Being in the small blue minority of the stadium and losing didn't make the game all that fun. The wind was really brisk, and Bob and I left after the 6th inning. I think we were both tired but it was hard for us to walk out on a game.

We got home in time to see the Twins lose and eat some Taco Bell for dinner before it was off to bed for Ashley so I could drive to the home of the Huskers this am.

3 days until Bob leaves for India. He is getting his HIV test today. I told him to come back with a good result b/c it wouldn't be very fun to find out he has AIDS. I'm not really in the mood for that.

On a more positive note, I think I received my stimulus check, however it was not for a full $600. That concerns me some. Bob and I are just that much closer to buying our new LCD HDTV when he returns. We are hoping that they come down in price even more this summer as they already have. Yes we are putting our money from the government back into the economy. So it will kind of go to the Chinese economy as well, but when the US starts making decent electronics we will buy their's.

No comments: