Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gomez, my 3rd favorite player?


This years Minnesota Twins have seen so many new faces. One of those faces just hit for the cycle last night agaist the White Sox! And I missed all of it. The game was in a rain delay so started about an hour and a half late. So I watched my favorite Wednesday night TV, Wifeswap and Supernanny. After Supernanny was over we switched it over to see if the Twins had started yet and sure enough, it was 1-0. Bob looked on-line to find out Carlos Gomez hit a homerun. After watching the Twins bat in the 2nd and 3rd I decided I should go to sleep as it was going to be an early morning again. This morning I woke up late so I didn't go to the gym but turned on the TV to catch some Sports Center. On the bottom scroll I saw Twins 13 White Sox 1 Gomez hits for cycle first time since my old favorite player, KIRBY PUCKETT.


At the beginning of the season Bob joked, jeez Gomez is my new favorite player b/c he is good, he hustles and tries all the time, but he bunts all the time too. I'm glad to see he is swinging the bat. I still am in love with Nick Punto (who had a tripple & a double) and I have to love Mike Redmond (who had a double, what?) b/c he is also good and he isn't Joe Mauer, aka Baby Jesus. So my 3rd favorite player has got to me Gomez. Way to go little guy.

1 comment:

HE who is a Tape... as in Patrick Tape Fleming said...

not a bad choice. I got dibs he we be the first twin to steal 40 bases in for like everoxoox
hope your swell!
patrick